Views
Helpful
Replies

How to allow Teamviewer while blocking Uncategorized URLs

hector.ricapa
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I would like to allow Teamviewer while blocking Uncategorized URLs.

Uncategorized URLs have been giving me some problems since many unwanted webpages leak trough this category, but when I blocked, Teamviewer stop functioning.

I found that Application Visibility can identified Teamviewer successfully but since there is no "Allow" action for this, I dont know how I can get to make it work.

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hector

You have a couple of options:

1. Go to the Cisco Iroport support site, and submit it for categorization  https://securityhub.cisco.com/web/submited_urls (requries a login).  Your box will get it in a few hours.

2. TeamViewer uses a user-agent string of "DynGate"

Create an Access Policy above the one that's currently blocking the uncategorized stuff (Web Security Manager/Access Policies) .  At the bottom, there's a section labled in blue called "Advanced".  Click Advanced to open it up, and click "None Selected" next to User Agents.   In the Custom box enter "(DynGate)"    Under URL Filtering, leave everything to Use Global Settings, except Uncategorized URLs.  Set that to Monitor.

You could also create an identity using the user agent string, and then create a similar policy using the identity...

Ken

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Hector

You have a couple of options:

1. Go to the Cisco Iroport support site, and submit it for categorization  https://securityhub.cisco.com/web/submited_urls (requries a login).  Your box will get it in a few hours.

2. TeamViewer uses a user-agent string of "DynGate"

Create an Access Policy above the one that's currently blocking the uncategorized stuff (Web Security Manager/Access Policies) .  At the bottom, there's a section labled in blue called "Advanced".  Click Advanced to open it up, and click "None Selected" next to User Agents.   In the Custom box enter "(DynGate)"    Under URL Filtering, leave everything to Use Global Settings, except Uncategorized URLs.  Set that to Monitor.

You could also create an identity using the user agent string, and then create a similar policy using the identity...

Ken