cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how to diagnose incorrectly blocked site

keithsauer507
Level 5
Level 5

I need to diagnose why a particular website is all of a sudden blocked today.  The ironport web filter does know who I am, and I did hit google once with IE quicly before continuing with Chrome, but I am still being blocked.

The only log I know of is under Reporting, I can search for the site in question and see my user name and IP.  In Disposition it says Block - AVC.  What does AVC stand for next to block?

Is there any more detailed tracing that I can look at to determine why all of a sudden there was a change in the blocking behavior?

Thanks!

1 Reply 1

keithsauer507
Level 5
Level 5

Nevermind I found it, but it would still be nice to know if it logged more detail.  Block - AVC doesn't tell you anything.  If you have 20 some policies, you have to dive into every single one under URL Filtering.  Then every single one under Applications, etc...  If it knows its blocked, it would nice if it told you what policy triggered it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: