cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IronPort misclassified my website and I have no recourse!

Flightspan
Level 1
Level 1

Boy this has been a trial by fire, let me tell you. So, I have a website. I created a forum for people to come talk about common intrests. The forum will have its tenth anniversary January 2013. In all that time no one has reported that they've been blocked while at work. However, just this last week a long time user said the forum was classified by Ironport Web Security as a "Game" site and has since been blocked. Now that's new.

I guess because most of the forums are about current or past games that we've played as a group, we got categorized as a game site. Which isn't untrue in the sense that we talk about games. With category titles like "Guild Wars 2 - No monthly fee! *And there was much rejoicing...*" and "The Old Republic - -Waves Hand- This is not the forum you are looking for." as well as "World of Warcraft - 'Cry "Havoc", and let spill the Grog of War!'", I can see how we'd have been parsed as such.

I just find it curious that facebook wouldn't get blocked as a "game" site since you can waste hours on there playing games, moreso than on my forum. The same user who is now blocked from my forum has full access to facebook and can play farmville till his virtual cows come home, but he can't read and reply to a message about a new game that will be coming out in the next few months.

I want to get my forum reclassified as what it actually is, which is a forum or online community. I went to the Cisco website and after digging around I finally found this page:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2103436

In which the user is directed to this url to submit a petition for website reclassification which is what I'm looking for.

So I click this link:

https://securityhub.cisco.com/web/submit_urls

and I am told I must register to access that page. After a few failed attempts at registering and one success I finally navigate back to the page only to be presented with this error:

"Sorry!!! Uncorrect Ironport contract, please open a ticket with support."

The typo was left in (The word should be "Incorrect" not "Uncorrect" -  'I would like to correct your incorrect useage of the word uncorrect.') so that maybe someone from Ironport will fix that, as well as make it easier to submit a request for url evaluation like websense does! All you have to do at websense is email them at suggest@websense.com and in less than 24 hours a resolution is in hand. When I finally did manage to navigate the rigamarole that is this website, I find that I have to be a paying customer to gain access to the ability to report my misclassified URL. It's just absurd! I was also unable to find the applicable support page so I just submitted a ticket of general unsatisfaction.

So, can anyone HERE either point me in the right direction so that I can resolve this issue, or perhaps, being paying customers of this service yourself, be kind enough to click that submit urls link for me and enter in my url to reclassify it properly?

/EDIT - I have not included my url blatently as I'm not a spammer, nor do I want spam. However, if someone can help me I'll be happy to link it to you. Also, this forum won't let me use my handle but instead forces me to use my real name. I have the option to hide my real name in the profile, but it seems silly when it's plastered on everything I post. Just another irritation.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

admatter_2
Level 1
Level 1

I've sent a private message to investigate the issue.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

admatter_2
Level 1
Level 1

I've sent a private message to investigate the issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: