cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ironport WSA online backup failure

Spaniard141
Level 1
Level 1

Our online backup started to fail connection to the vendor's server about a month ago. In grepping the server in question, I can see a lot of messages with the destination server listed but I am not sure what they mean.

Can someone explain what this means or point me in the right direction?

1412602184.000 5788 X.X.X.X TCP_DENIED/502 0 TCP_CONNECT 38.81.66.191:443 - DIRECT/38.81.66.191 - DECRYPT_ADMIN_2-NONE-AllNetworks-NONE-NONE-NONE-DefaultGroup <-,-,-,"-",-,-,-,-,"-",-,-,-,"-",-,-,"-","-",-,-,-,-,"-","-","-","-","-","-",0.00,0,-,"-","-"> -

I think that the TCP_Denied/502 means bad gateway although it is a valid address and I can access it and telnet to port 443 but I don't know what the rest means DECRYPT_ADMIN_2=NONE

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Its going through the HTTPS proxy, the bad gateway message is what's killing it.

If I were you, I'd put the IP of your on-premise backup box in the Bypass list so the WSA doesn't see it at all.  You KNOW where that box is going, and you know what its doing, little need to filter it through the WSA.  That's putting a ton of load on the WSA you don't need.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Its going through the HTTPS proxy, the bad gateway message is what's killing it.

If I were you, I'd put the IP of your on-premise backup box in the Bypass list so the WSA doesn't see it at all.  You KNOW where that box is going, and you know what its doing, little need to filter it through the WSA.  That's putting a ton of load on the WSA you don't need.

Thanks for your comments. I forgot I had opened this discussion a while back. This turned out to be an authentication issue.