Views
Helpful
Replies

Max RAM for an S160

Grimmerdh0r3
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I've found an S160 that we're no longer using and I'm considering wiping or replacing the disks and repurposing the appliance.

It seems that it can only use DDR2 ECC DRAM, right? What's the max that can be installed & recognized? I can get some 4GB modules for a reasonable price if the device will support it.

Also, does it support 2TB disks? It has 250GB ones installed but those are too small for what I'd like to do.

Thanks in advance,

Derrick

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Derrick,

Its a Dell box, the service tag is on the back of the box, on a sticker on the left side. (Its also the last half of the serial number).

The service tag will tell you what's in the box, and you can dig up the manuals to see what's possible.

You'll also have to reflash the BIOS, using the force switch (check the docs...)

Have fun!

Ken

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Derrick,

Its a Dell box, the service tag is on the back of the box, on a sticker on the left side. (Its also the last half of the serial number).

The service tag will tell you what's in the box, and you can dig up the manuals to see what's possible.

You'll also have to reflash the BIOS, using the force switch (check the docs...)

Have fun!

Ken

Thanks very much Ken; that's a great help. So this is a PowerEdge R200 but the supposed English PDF manual is in Chinese!!

I guess I'll have to puzzle my way through the French one.

Much appreciated.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: