cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

method to automate configuration updates to redundant WSA

Michael Cole
Level 1
Level 1

is there a way to have our current Ironport configuration automatically load onto a 'backup' Ironport device?  Both are physical devices; one is production, the other is at our DR hot site.  Ideally, any changes (custom URL categories, bypass lists, etc) made will automatically be pushed to the configuration of the second device.  Like a primary/failover. Is there a way to do this, other than manually importing and uploading the config file on a very regular basis?

If not, any other ideas for how to accomplish this?     

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Generally that's done using the Secuity Managment Appliance, where you do the config on the management appliance and push it out to all of your WSA's.  The SMA will also centralize reporting, so you don't have to dig through multiple appliances... But it is an added expense...

Your other option is to script it yourself...

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Generally that's done using the Secuity Managment Appliance, where you do the config on the management appliance and push it out to all of your WSA's.  The SMA will also centralize reporting, so you don't have to dig through multiple appliances... But it is an added expense...

Your other option is to script it yourself...

Ken,

Thanks for responding...  that's what I was afraid of.  :s  We have a m170 that I just powered back on and am trying to get configured correctly; we haven't had much success utilizing it (2 have been RMA'd and this was was shut down for a reason, but before I got here.)