Views
Helpful
Replies

Port Pairing in WSA S695

jatiwari
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Experts,

My customer is asking for Port Pairing (NIC Teaming) for Data port. The customer is going to use only one Data Port for to and fro traffic and want to pair P1 and P2 interface.

My question to you is if there is any downside of using port pairing feature in WSA appliances?

Regards,

Jay

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi there,

You are looking for NIC pairing feature. It is available in CLI -> etherconfig -> pairing.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/wsa/wsa11-7/user_guide/b_WSA_UserGuide_11_7/b_WSA_UserGuide_11_7_appendix_011000.html?bookSearch=true#con_1092433

Please note that the feature creates an Active/Standby pair, so only 1 interface in the pair will be sending/receiving traffic and 2nd one will take over in case of the 1st one fails.

Please vore if you find it helpful. 

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

WSA does not support NIC Teaming, unfortunately.

It is good to have features if anyone buys 1 Gig port - the next box is 10Gig port only. ( need to be careful while ordering), what ports required.

it should have 2 GIG port-channel features, good if Cisco considers this feature long pending.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thanks, Balaji for your response.

I would like to update you that i quick discussion with Senior TAC guy and he said that NIC teaming or NIC pairing is available from Async OS 11.7.

Regards,

Jay

Nice to know - Can TAC pointed any document to look ? you may have internal information,. as such document i did not find or missed.,

BB

Hi there,

You are looking for NIC pairing feature. It is available in CLI -> etherconfig -> pairing.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/wsa/wsa11-7/user_guide/b_WSA_UserGuide_11_7/b_WSA_UserGuide_11_7_appendix_011000.html?bookSearch=true#con_1092433

Please note that the feature creates an Active/Standby pair, so only 1 interface in the pair will be sending/receiving traffic and 2nd one will take over in case of the 1st one fails.

Please vore if you find it helpful. 

Thank you for the document, but I was disappointed, the feature I was looking bundling to increase the capacity, not active standby.

BB

It might look confusing but it is an active/standby pairing only

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: