Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with categorization of websites

Recently I have installed S650 and upgraded to latest available Asynch OS.

I am using Web filter engine of Cisco web usuage control not ironport content filter.

Problems associated are:

1. Web-based chat and IM (instant messaging) categorization is not happening properly. Ofcourse by creating customized web categoraization i could able to block gtalk from gmail.

2. Online trading sites are recognized as FINANCE category in IRONPORT Content filter, whereas those site should come under ONLINE TRADING category which is not happening and identified under FINANCE category.

Hope problem with web categorization engine problem. Please help me by providing right solution.

Note: Categorization for other websites are perfect.

15 Replies 15

As the earlier post indicated, existing customers who are using IronPort URL Filters (IPURL) can get a license at no additional cost for Web Usage Controls, the new product recently launched on the WSA which provides URL filtering coupled with dynamic categorization. Simply send an email to your Cisco IronPort account manager with this request and your appliance serial numbers. Once the license is available on the WSA, you will be able to activate Web Usage Controls and migrate your policies to the URL categories that come with this product. Web Usage Controls includes a category for "Social Networking" which is not available in IPURL.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: