Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems with Adware

adminseginfo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

I have a problem with an adware(Blackhole DNS URLs) infecting a lot of machines, and I can't delete this from my network. How can I remove this malware.

Below the adware description:

1308583956.454 12 172.24.X.X TCP_DENIED/403 2993 GET http://hrads.valuead.com/action?aid=330&acid=3&atp=0 "DOMAIN-BR\372670818@DOMAINBR" NONE/- - BLOCK_AMW_RESP_URL_11-Padrao-Authentication-NONE-NONE-NONE-NONE <IW_adv,-5.8,"13","Blackhole DNS URLs",90,39767,11269,"-","-",-,-,-,"-","-",-,"-","-",-,-,IW_adv,-,"Adware","Adware","Unknown","Unknown","-","-",1995.33,0,-,"-","-"> -

Someone can help me?

3 Replies 3

edadios
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If PCs are already infected, you will need a host anti virus to have it removed from the PC.

Regards,

Eric

But the antivirus can not find the malware, and cisco website support has no information about the malware.

Your log shows the traffic is blocked by WSA.

My understanding is that your pc is trying to do this traffic, and that is because it is already infected.

You will need a host anti virus to scan your pc and remove it.

The WSA only deals with traffic it see, to do scan/block, whatever action is configured. It cannot remove Virus on the PC itself.

Regards,

Eric

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: