Views
Helpful
Replies

PRSM and CDA on VMware Esxi 5.5 support

Ken Yoon
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

PRSM and CDA currently support to run on ESXi 5.0. Does anyone know if these will be available to run on Esxi 5.5 anytime soon?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The guides do say ESXi 5.0; but I've installed both and have them working fine on an ESXi 5.5 environment.

I doubt you'll see any significant development on PRSM given the current focus on the Firepower-based solutions. We MIGHT see an incremental release update the officially supported platforms - that's more a matter of some validation testing than any real product development.

That's my take on it - opinion only since Cisco does not generally publicly release roadmap plans. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The guides do say ESXi 5.0; but I've installed both and have them working fine on an ESXi 5.5 environment.

I doubt you'll see any significant development on PRSM given the current focus on the Firepower-based solutions. We MIGHT see an incremental release update the officially supported platforms - that's more a matter of some validation testing than any real product development.

That's my take on it - opinion only since Cisco does not generally publicly release roadmap plans. 

+1 to Marvin. I too have run them on ESX 5.5