Is there an estimate of time needed?

Thanks and regards, 

Konstantinos

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you preparation offline download - it will take time, you can do offline download and keep in the box.

Installation take less than 5-10min as per my past upgrade experience, and restarting kit will take 10-15min to bring service back.

SMA you do not need any maintenance - since its only Manangment.

WSA - depends on deployment - you can failover reach other - upgrade 1 at a time fail over to other - and once final state upgrade, Loadbalance back to normal.

Take the config backup out of the box - each individual box

Make sure you always upgrade SMA to higher version and compatable version to WSA, before WSA upgrading.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

hcombee
Level 1
Level 1

As BB said but keep in mind that you may have to perform multiple steps to go to the latest. Take a good look at the compatibility matrix.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you preparation offline download - it will take time, you can do offline download and keep in the box.

Installation take less than 5-10min as per my past upgrade experience, and restarting kit will take 10-15min to bring service back.

SMA you do not need any maintenance - since its only Manangment.

WSA - depends on deployment - you can failover reach other - upgrade 1 at a time fail over to other - and once final state upgrade, Loadbalance back to normal.

Take the config backup out of the box - each individual box

Make sure you always upgrade SMA to higher version and compatable version to WSA, before WSA upgrading.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

hcombee
Level 1
Level 1

As BB said but keep in mind that you may have to perform multiple steps to go to the latest. Take a good look at the compatibility matrix.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: