Is there an estimate of time needed?

Thanks and regards, 

Konstantinos

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you preparation offline download - it will take time, you can do offline download and keep in the box.

Installation take less than 5-10min as per my past upgrade experience, and restarting kit will take 10-15min to bring service back.

SMA you do not need any maintenance - since its only Manangment.

WSA - depends on deployment - you can failover reach other - upgrade 1 at a time fail over to other - and once final state upgrade, Loadbalance back to normal.

Take the config backup out of the box - each individual box

Make sure you always upgrade SMA to higher version and compatable version to WSA, before WSA upgrading.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

hcombee
Level 1
Level 1

As BB said but keep in mind that you may have to perform multiple steps to go to the latest. Take a good look at the compatibility matrix.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you preparation offline download - it will take time, you can do offline download and keep in the box.

Installation take less than 5-10min as per my past upgrade experience, and restarting kit will take 10-15min to bring service back.

SMA you do not need any maintenance - since its only Manangment.

WSA - depends on deployment - you can failover reach other - upgrade 1 at a time fail over to other - and once final state upgrade, Loadbalance back to normal.

Take the config backup out of the box - each individual box

Make sure you always upgrade SMA to higher version and compatable version to WSA, before WSA upgrading.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

hcombee
Level 1
Level 1

As BB said but keep in mind that you may have to perform multiple steps to go to the latest. Take a good look at the compatibility matrix.