Views
Helpful
Replies

SMA central managment of WSA cluster

sam cook
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi,

I have a WSA cluster used as proxy solutions.

I'm planning to add a SMAv to manage both WSA.

How should I add the cluster ?

Should I add both WSA and when doing configuration change send new master to both appliances ?

regards,

regards,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Sam,

You will need to add each WSAs to SMA individually since SMA will not know and does not need to know that the WSAs are in HA mode.

SMA will acts only as centralize policies management and reporting, therefore when making policy changes in SMA, you will need to publish to both WSAs (WSAs in HA) for them to have identical policies configuration.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Handy Putra

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Lokesh Kumar Lal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

WSA only supports High availability option which provides redundancy but no support for clustering/dbsync so you may want to add both the devices and push config out via SMA as centralized config push

Regards,
Lokesh K. Lal
Engineering Product Manager
Cisco Systems Inc.

Please don't forget to rate useful posts

Hi  lkumarla,

When you say "WSA only supports High availability " do you mean 2 SMA in High availability model or 2 WSA in High availability model ?

I am referring to the WSA , in context where in you could provision master/slave for failover but that's not clustering and doesn't account for any DB sync.

You May refer to the product user guide for more details

Regards,
Lokesh K. Lal
Cisco Systems Inc.

Hi @Lokesh Kumar Lal

Can you show me please where i can find information about master/slave failover handeling in SMA documentation ?

I have already checked this link but found nothing :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/security_management/sma/sma11-5/user_guide/b_SMA_Admin_Guide_11_5/b_SMA_Admin_Guide_11_5_appendix_010100.html

@sam cook I was referring to the WSA as stated earlier

Regards,
Lokesh K. Lal
Cisco Systems Inc.

Get more on WSA HA in Release notes and User guides.

Here is a great Video that Explains it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ltpue75zC1g

Regards,
Lokesh K. Lal
Cisco Systems Inc.

Thank you @Lokesh Kumar Lal but what I need to know is how to add 2 WSA in HA to SMA : should I just each device or is there a configuration to add the HA  ?

Hi Sam,

You will need to add each WSAs to SMA individually since SMA will not know and does not need to know that the WSAs are in HA mode.

SMA will acts only as centralize policies management and reporting, therefore when making policy changes in SMA, you will need to publish to both WSAs (WSAs in HA) for them to have identical policies configuration.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Handy Putra