Views
Helpful
Replies

TLS 1.2 on Cisco Ironport Web Security Appliance S370

gregory.fry
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Cisco world...

I am trying to determine the capability of supporting TLS 1.2 on the Cisco Web Security Appliance S370.   

I realize the device is EOL.  I have a customer who uses one of these and they are running AsyncOS 8.5, which I know does NOT support TLS 1.2.

My question is:  "is this device capable of upgrade to a version that is?"

The Cisco documentation suggests the AsyncOS 9.6 includes support for TLS 1.2, but may not  be a stable release.  Also, I cannot tell if the old S370 WSA hardware can even run the 9.6 software.

Can some smart Cisco folks chime in and tell me if I could ever get to TLS 1.2 on the old WSA S370?

Thanks!!!!

1 Reply 1

Handy Putra
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

S370 should still be supported. As long as you have a valid contract for the appliance then you should be able to upgrade and get TAC assistance.

AsyncOS 8.5 in WSA appliance is not supported TLS1.2 (only TLS1.0 supported).

Starting AsyncOS 9, it will then support TLS 1.2

Would recommend to wait for AsyncOS 9.0.1 that will become General Deployment soon (in couple of months) that will be available for all WSA appliances.

However if you require to use that version right now, would recommend to open TAC case for TAC team to manually provision version 9.0.1 to that appliance (at the moment in the ED (early deployment) release that is available for manual provisioning).

Hope the info helps