Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Umbrella SWG Proxy features

Dear All,

I hope you´re fine.

I read some user guides before raise the questions below. However I didn´t find any specific.

I found out that Umbrella SWG has a full-proxy feature. So I assume that User´s IP address masking which provides privacy is done by Umbrella. This is the foundation of Proxy functionality however I would like to confirm. Could you please confirm to me ? 

Other point : Does the SWG proxy feature - part of Umbrella has the ability to cache the most accessed web pages to make web navigation fast?

Does SWG proxy has the ability to work as a proxy reverse?

I´d appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

adamwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you utilize HTTPS Inspection (aka SSL Decryption), the source public IP will be included in an XFF header on the outgoing web requests to the destination website. This is used to improve geolocation / language experience when the user and our data center are in different countries. If you want to mask your public IP, then make sure the HTTPS Inspection feature is disabled. 

The SWG does not perform caching. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Yes, your surfing looks like its coming from umbrella, not your address.

I dont know if they are caching. I didnt find any references to it with a quick search.

Its NOT a reverse proxy.

adamwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you utilize HTTPS Inspection (aka SSL Decryption), the source public IP will be included in an XFF header on the outgoing web requests to the destination website. This is used to improve geolocation / language experience when the user and our data center are in different countries. If you want to mask your public IP, then make sure the HTTPS Inspection feature is disabled. 

The SWG does not perform caching.