cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to upgrade WSA 100v

hcombee
Level 1
Level 1

When I try to upgrade or download the configuration on a WSA S100V running 11.5.2-020 I receive a Python error:

lwsa100v> upgrade

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/build/iproot/ap/ipoe/ipoe/bootstrap.py", line 54, in <module>
File "/data/lib/python2.6_10_amd64_nothr/runpy.py", line 128, in _run_module_as_main
"__main__", fname, loader, pkg_name)
File "/data/lib/python2.6_10_amd64_nothr/runpy.py", line 34, in _run_code
exec code in run_globals
File "build/bdist.freebsd-10.1-RELEASE-amd64/egg/cli.py", line 42567, in <module>
File "build/bdist.freebsd-10.1-RELEASE-amd64/egg/cli.py", line 29051, in main
File "build/bdist.freebsd-10.1-RELEASE-amd64/egg/cli.py", line 810, in command_loop
File "build/bdist.freebsd-10.1-RELEASE-amd64/egg/cli.py", line 37636, in do_command
File "build/bdist.freebsd-10.1-RELEASE-amd64/egg/cli.py", line 37876, in main_input_run
File "build/bdist.freebsd-10.1-RELEASE-amd64/egg/cli.py", line 37649, in run_func
File "build/bdist.freebsd-10.1-RELEASE-amd64/egg/cli.py", line 6126, in upgrade
File "build/bdist.freebsd-10.1-RELEASE-amd64/egg/cli.py", line 5826, in save_current_config
File "build/bdist.freebsd-10.1-RELEASE-amd64/egg/config_xml.py", line 255, in generate_xml
File "build/bdist.freebsd-10.1-RELEASE-amd64/egg/config_xml.py", line 271, in generate_xml_config
File "build/bdist.freebsd-10.1-RELEASE-amd64/egg/config_xml.py", line 2587, in _generate_xml_config
ValueError: smartlicense

Has anyone seen this before and is there another option than rebuilding the device by hand?

6 Replies 6

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Try rebooting the device and initiate the upgrade again.

still has issues contact TAC to remediate and help to upgrade.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thanks Balaji, but that didn't solve the issue. In the meantime I did a clean install, but now I have a new issue which I will post in a new thread.

Clean install from scratch - is this one not production one ?

BB

No it is in our lab environment, and it is virtual so it is quite easy to spin up a new vm next to the old one and with Smart licensing it is also very easy to transfer the licenses from one box to the other.

When it is Lab why not get latest one and install, why you looking to upgrade, is part of testing ?

BB

Well it secures the internet access from the lab. It is not just my lab. But it is the place for me to test new versions also.

And the plan was to upgrade to this version so I could enable Smart Licensing. In production we have a couple of hardware devices and I have never seen this behavior so I suspect someone messed up the VM.

Btw, I made a new post. Because now I'm having an issue with having installed a Smart License and not being able to run the Setup Wizzard because there is no XML license installed.