Views
Helpful
Replies

WCCP and PBR on same interface

Jasim.Mohiuddin
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

I am trying to understand if policy based routing can be used with wccp on Cisco ASA with dual ISP? 

ASA is redirecting web traffic transparently to WSA (on inside network) using wccp and the traffic is routed out the primary ISP. I have setup PBR on a portion of internal network (eg: 10.10.10.X) to route out the secondary ISP. (both wccp and pbr are applied on inside interface of ASA).

Packet-tracer output for 10.10.10.X shows that PBR is in effect and output interface is secondary ISP, but doing an ip address lookup on the client still shows primary ISP's public address. Speedtest results confirms that the secondary ISP is being used as the bandwidth of both ISP is different. 

I have checked the order of operations and it looks like redirection to web cache happens before PBR which means the traffic will be redirected to WSA before applying PBR to route out the secondary ISP. Any ideas why the clients still show primary ISP public ip address? Am I missing something or is the PBR not working?

Thanks

SJM

1 Reply 1

I'm pretty sure that the traffic that's WCCPd to the WSA now now has the WSA's address as its source, not the original client address.