Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WCCP redirection WSA

In the network topology presented below I try to set up a WCCP redirection of traffic from the three different LANs to the vWSA (192.168.1.3).  

Capture d’écran 2019-07-31 à 16.03.54.pngExcept that after configuring the WCCP redirection on the R1 router, I encounter errors on the GUI interface (open on the windows virtual machine) when adding WCCP services.
I don't know that this error(s) could be the source because nothing is indicated on the error page.

Capture d’écran 2019-07-31 à 16.04.03.png

The WCCP configuration on R1 was done as follows: R1(config)#ip wccp version 2
R1(config)#access-list 1 permit host 192.168.1.3
R1(config)#access-list 101 permit tcp any any eq 80 R1(config)#access-list 101 permit tcp any any eq 8000

R1(config)#ip ip wccp 99 group-list1 redirect-list 101 password cisco11 R1(config)#int f0/0.10
R1(config-subif)#ip wccp 99 redirect in

R1(config-subif)#exit
R1(config)#int f0/0.20 R1(config-subif)#ip wccp 99 redirect in

R1(config-subif)#exit
R1(config)#int f0/0.30 R1(config-subif)#ip wccp 99 redirect in

R1(config-subif)#exit

I donʼt have any problem of communication(ping) between the machines in GNS3 but I have a timeout message when I try to do a ping between pc1/2 and windows vm. 

8 Replies 8

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

WCCP need to configured on L3 interface,

can you post

show wccp

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

WhatsApp Image 2019-07-31 at 17.08.45.jpegWhatsApp Image 2019-07-31 at 17.08.46.jpeg

you do not see WSA, make sure all the confg correct and post all the full config to review if you need assistance.

BB

What are the command to show you all the config? All machines on the gns3 topology successly ping to the wsa. I don t know if the problem is caused by the layer2switch used or the cisco c3725(R1)

show run from device to see what you configured full. including switches ?

BB

R1:

R1-1.pngR1-2.pngR1-3.png

R2:

R2.pngR2-1.png

DSI-1.pngDSI.pngEDU-1.pngEDU.png

shgrover
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

On the WSA, you don't have to add 3 IP's. you are supposed to put only F1/0's Ip address on the WSA as the router id.  WCCP will choose highest configured IP and the RID so "sh ip wccp" might show another IP and the RID so don't be alarmed.

Regards

Shikha Grover

PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

I put the ip address of the F1/0 interface (192.168.1.1.1 gateway of wsa) but i still have the same error on the wccp services page.
I have also noticed that the wsa can t ping with the virtual pc(Windows 7 2) that I use to configure the wsa.
But this same virtual pc (windows 7 2) IS able toi ping with the WSA(192.168.1.2)
I don t if that is the reason why I could not configure the wccp on the GUI. I dont know if the problem is due go the use or c3750 routers and layer 2 switch (DSI,ADM,EDU)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: