cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Web Security Manager default version and upgrades

DEJ-IH
Level 1
Level 1

I recently purchased new WSA and SMA appliances and working through the upgrades and compatibility comparisons. My question is about the AsyncOS version the SMA shipped with versus the upgrade path to the latest SMA version I need to get to. I'm trying to end up with a GD AsyncOS version rather than a maintenance or limited release. 

End state I want:  

SMA: 14.1.0-227 (GD)

WSA: 14.0.1-053 (GD)

The SMA shipped with AsyncOS version 11.x and after running the upgrade commands from the CLI, I was only ever given options to upgrade to maintenance releases, or releases that were not compatible with getting to SMA version 14.0.1-053. I've taken my SMA up to version 13.6.2-090 and now am only offered the following 2 upgrades: 

Upgrades available.
1. AsyncOS 14.1.0 build 239 upgrade For Management, 2022-01-17 is a release available as Maintenance Deployment.
2. AsyncOS 14.1.0 build 250 upgrade For Management, 2022-03-17, is a release available as Maintenance Deployment.

How can I get my SMA to 14.1.0-227 (GD)? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Resetting wont do it. You have to revert the upgrade.

You might be better off calling TAC and seeing if you can get provisioned for a different version upgrade.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you do not see the version when you upgrade, cisco may have differed version, check the compatibility and fix SMA and WSA compatibility.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/security/content-security-management-appliance/products-release-notes-list.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thanks for the response BB.

The version the SMA shipped with is not on the compatibility matrix, so I upgraded to the first GD version that was showing from the CLI when I ran the upgrade commands. Unfortunately, all upgrades presented after this first upgrade were maintenance releases or limited releases with no path to get to  14.1.0-227 (GD)

I'm stuck in a situation running 13.6.2-090 and no option to go to 14.1.0-227 (GD).  I will probably need to reset the SMA to factory defaults, taking me back to the original version. Is this the case? I had no issues upgrading my WSA devices to 14.0.1-053 (GD). 

Not sure that fix the issue by reset and build. SMA or WSA should show the list to upgrade to that version.

is there any reason you looking only that version ?

BB

I typically like to stay on GD versions as they have most bugs addressed. Recommendation from TAC was to only install LD or MD versions if experiencing specific problems addressed by the LD or MD version fix. 

I am working through a Smartnet challenge for these devices before I can create a TAC case. Thought someone may know a way around this issue without involving TAC...

yes, it is worth opening a case for suggestions and fixes.

BB

Resetting wont do it. You have to revert the upgrade.

You might be better off calling TAC and seeing if you can get provisioned for a different version upgrade.