cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WSA authentication by hostname and not user name.

Stuart1545
Level 1
Level 1

I am having a problem after updating our WSA.

Randomly when users browse the WSA Proxy will use the Device name (hostname) to authenticate instead of User name.

we are connected through AD with single sign on and proxy error is 

Stuart1545_0-1718873860501.jpeg

As you can see it is using hostname and this only started to happen after updating before only used username.
Device: WSA S300V 

Old version:14.05.01

New Version :15.2.0-164

Any Ideas

6 Replies 6

Stuart1545
Level 1
Level 1

To add to this I have found that this is using the Windows service account to try and reach Microsoft websites such as NCSI service.

Now as we have a block all, allow selected Policy Does anyone know how to allow service accounts through.

If you also know why this has happened after the update to 15.2.0-164 that would also be great.

Did you find any solution for this?

Hi @MohammedSaifudeen0373 

Unfortunately we have not been able to remover the issue completely and still working on finding a solution.

currently we have added two policies that are in the documentation.
one is a no auth for windows agents and one for the URL's although it did not removed the issue it did reduce the amount of incorrect authentications.

I currently have a new TAC case open to resolve this issue or at least get it marked as a bug to be worked on in the next update.

here is what has been done to reduce the amount but this is not a solution.

User Guide for AsyncOS 15.2 for Cisco Secure Web Appliance- GD (General Deployment) - Authentication and Authorization [Cisco Secure Web Appliance] - Cisco
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/wsa/wsa-15-2/user-guide/swa-userguide-15-2/m-authentication-and-authorization.html#task_1448358

amojarra
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello @MohammedSaifudeen0373 

the default cache time for the Machine credentials would be 10 seconds, meaning that , after 10 seconds, WSA will again Authenticate users which will be with the user name this time

you can check that from CLI > advancedproxyconfig > AUTHENTICATION 

hit enter until you see:

Enter the surrogate timeout for machine credentials.
[10]>

if it is higher, you can change it to 10, and after that please commit the changes 

Regards,

Amirhossein Mojarrad

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

++++     If you find this answer helpful, please rate it as such    ++++

Hi @amojarra 

When I checked, the surrogate timeout for machine credentials was already set to 10 seconds. I tried changing it to 5 and other values, then committed and tested, but no luck.

amojarra
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thanks for the feedback @MohammedSaifudeen0373 

may I ask please share the accesslogs ( remove / edit the sensitive data from it please). 
can you please try to open an HTTP and HTTPS URL and lets see what is happening in the accesslogs. 

thank you 

Regards,

Amirhossein Mojarrad

++++     If you find this answer helpful, please rate it as such    ++++