cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WSA not processing WCCP traffic

zoolabus
Level 1
Level 1

For some reason the WSA I inherited had mgmt and data port configured on the same port. As good hygiene I saperated mgmt port and assigned new IP. All seems good. However now we are realizing the WCCP processed traffic isn't allowed where as explicit proxy traffic to WSA works just fine. 

Now wondering if there are any config elements I left out when I saperated mgmt and data traffic ports.

any pointers? 

1 Reply 1

shgrover
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

hello zoolabus,

Have you enable transparent redirection on the WSA ? Please check Network ->transparent redirection.

The WSA has to listen on the ports for it to act on this traffic.

You can find wccp config for routers, switches,ASA etc . Please check if this config is correct. make sure you are redirecting to the P1 interface. If its an ASA or FTD, WSA and the Clients should be behind the same interface of the device.

if all the above is correct and it still not working, check for access logs. check if the WSA is receiving this traffic or not.

Regards

Shikha Grover

PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: