Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Add-in Error When Adding Webex Meeting

Hi Team,

Hope you guys doing well!

We came across with a new issue with one of the users where's we notice outlook have new add-in in outlook tab.

Tried disabling the Microsoft Exchange add-in only. Re-started Outlook. This did not resolve the issue.

Tried to check if IPV6 and Juniper Network is enabled.

This requires admin privileges to check the properties and we are not able to view.

User is able to use Add-WebEx meeting via outlook.office.com with no issues.

User's Outlook has a tab listed as New My WebEx Integration. 

Reinstall the App.

Clear Cache

Remove Tools Webex 

We have tried everything but cannot get resolved!

Any one know if this is Microsoft issue or Cisco Issue ?

This is just new in our end and I would like to know if anyone have came across this issue before and the resolution for this. 

Best Regards

Ewerton M

10 Replies 10

VD325
Level 1
Level 1

1 user in my organization has this too. Raised a TAC and so far, the only suggestion was to make a brand new Outlook profile which didn't result in any changes. Hopefully, Webex is taking note of this as they can't simply call it a Microsoft issue if they themselves are designing the Webex Scheduler to work with Outlook. Surely they are working with Microsoft or Microsoft experts to ensure the Webex Scheduler is kept up to date with any changes that Microsoft has introduced. 

Melissa2725
Level 1
Level 1

@sully213 and @matthew
Now that we have pushed this out to all staff that were using the Productivity Tools, we had another user with this error. 
The registry option on the add-in did not work.  I had someone from our Client Technologies team try uninstalling/reinstalling Outlook (ours is all packaged together for Office) and then the error message went away.  Thought I would share in case you still have users with this error message.

and it's back.  I opened a new TAC case since the other was closed to hopefully work through this since we have 2 more staff members that just reported the issue.  

sully213
Level 1
Level 1

Since this seems to be turning into a "all the problems with Webex Scheduler" thread I'll add my own experience...

One user of our very small first phase testing is receiving an error about an unsupported browser. We've tried similar steps to everything listed above, short of completely reinstalling Office which we plan to do when the user's system is free for a couple hours. Cleared Office cache, recreated Outlook profile, recreated full user profile, verified browser versions are up to date, removed/re-added Add-In on the Exchange side, etc. Using on-prem Exchange 2016 and "traditional" Office 2016 like @Melissa2725 . Looks like everything is fully patched. It works fine for everyone else, but not this one user. It works for her in Webmail, but any installed version of Outlook on any computer produces the browser version error. It also worked okay for her up until about a week ago but I can't tie that timeframe to any updates getting installed.

@Melissa2725 have you made any progress on your end? It sounds like we have similar environments even though we're seeing different errors.

@sully213  We have not run into the errors with the browser, but most of our users have moved to Chrome or Edge. 

We have not made any further progress.  Per our Client Technologies team, they are waiting to see if this affects others.  It sounds like their solution is the full re-install of Office since it's packaged that way. I did notice this user also had an add MRM (meeting room manager) invite option, and that hasn't been in our environment for at least 5 years so I feel like there is something happening specific to that user, especially since I did not see that button or get the error when I logged into his workstation. 

We have found a lot of quirks to the new Webex Scheduler since our version of Outlook is prior to their recommended version. 
People are having issues with adding co-hosts, or you can't see the add webex button on another users calendar. I was told that we would not be upgrading Outlook 2016 before it moves to M365 which is still a ways off for our organization. 

Answering my own question to help future travellers here....

This particular computer was missing the "Internet Explorer 11" feature somehow. It was even missing from the "Add Windows Features" dialog. I followed the steps at https://superuser.com/a/1310393 to get it back. After a reboot everything was working again.

As a follow-up, with IE reaching EOL next month...will this be a problem? I've seen that this is really only needed to utilize IE Mode in Edge, but I'm seeing several iexplore.exe processes making connections when accessing the Scheduler so I'm not clear on the requirements here. If this is the case, which sites do I need to setup to use IE mode in my Group Policy?

matthewcobb
Level 1
Level 1

@Melissa2725 Thanks for the suggestion! I think this has something to do with my Exchange profile. I logged in to a new laptop and setup the profile fresh and it had the same error immediately. I logged in with a different user account and it worked fine for them on the same laptop. Like you said, hopefully this will not be widespread. We are just starting our project to migrate to Exchange Online, and we will configure the Hybrid Calendar Connector as part of the project. Hopefully this will work better then.

Melissa2725
Level 1
Level 1

@matthew - We had opened a TAC case on this and worked with an engineer to see if we could figure out what was happening. They recommended re-installing Outlook. Since Exchange is bundled in our office package our PC Support guys didn't want to push a 5GB file over VPN to the director's device. Since I was able to log into his device as myself and the Scheduler worked correctly without the error they thought it was his user profile. They tried deleting that so it would rebuild, and he got the same message. 
They found that a registry key (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\AddIns\WebExOI.Addin) was missing on his PC and copying that from another user fixed the issue. 
About 2 weeks later the issue came back so I'm not sure if an update out desktop engineering team pushed removed the registry again.  I have not opened another ticket, I think we are waiting to see if other users also experience this or if he is a 1-off type situation.
We are also on a much older version of 2016 on-prem so not all of the Scheduler features work like they will once we move to the cloud (some day)

matthewcobb
Level 1
Level 1

Have the same error "You can't use this add-in along with some of your COM add-ins." I have disabled all add-ins and still get the error. I can click "Webex Preferences" and add the meeting that way, but the regular button does not work. Hopefully this won't be widespread. This will be confusing for the users. 

Melissa2725
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Ewerton, 
Any success with figuring this out?  Our exchange environment is on-prem.  We are looking to roll out Webex Scheduler with the Productivity Tools being retired in the near future, and are testing with a small team of users.  One of our directors is getting the same error message "You can't use this add-in along with some of your COM add-ins. To continue, please try turning off your COM add-ins individually."
Thought I would check before I started troubleshooting with him. 

Thank you, 
Melissa

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.