cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Add people to spaces via webexteams protocol?

metawops
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

according to the brief documentation on the webexteams:// protocol/URL scheme one can direct people to join spaces. However, my tests showed that this only works if those people are already a member of that space.

Is there a way to create a URL people can click so that they're directed to a space AND will become members of that space automatically if they haven't been members already? That would be most helpful because workarounds like the Eurl bot or PeopleAdder bot are not compliant with our security & privacy regulations of our company.

Thanks,

Stefan.

6 Replies 6

ecopelan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

<delete>

jeriande@cisco.com
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Answer:
You can add EURL (it’s a bot) to the space, and it will provide a link you can share with people to join.

Steps:
Add a moderator to your space, and when it asks for a name type EURL. Once added, it will provide the link you’re looking for in the thread that you can copy/share.

To learn more about bots:
You can see them all here- https://apphub.webex.com/messaging

Thanks, but please do read my original post and my answer to sean carnahan: we know the Eurl bot very well but can't use it due to security/privacy regulations.

Wade H.
Spotlight
Spotlight

I don't think that's possible today for private spaces. It would be a bit of a security risk if anyone with the link was able to join the space. It would be great if Teams could introduce the concept of a "public" space that was joinable by anyone in your organization.

The way we worked around this is by creating a team and adding all staff as members to that team. Any space created within that team is essentially "public" and joinable by anyone in the company. This also works with the webexteams:// protocol handler.

sean.carnahan
Level 1
Level 1

There's a bot for that!

The Eurl bot creates a URL that allows people to join themselves to spaces. We're using it to allow people to join community spaces we've created for different topics. 

You can get started by adding eurl@webex.bot to your space and you can find more info at https://eurl.io/

Enjoy!

Ah, you haven't read my post to the end ...

We know the Eurl (and PeopleAdder) bots very well. However, they use external websites and folks have to enter their company email address there. That's not in compliance with our security and privacy regulations ... 🤷‍