cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

April 2020 WebEx Security Update, Automatically Lock Personal Room - can no longer be disabled?

Bridgette
Level 1
Level 1

We've tested with several different users, and disabling the option in Preferences > My Personal Room for Automatically Lock Personal Room does not work. Is this new behavior since the April 2020 update? The UI still shows the option and I haven't been able to find any documented reason why it would behave this way, but having that box unchecked is not preventing our users' Personal Rooms from automatically locking. Thanks for any info!

1 Accepted Solution

Just to close the loop on this: we spoke with Support and they confirmed that this behavior is by design since the April 2020 update. They indicated that the UI is not expected to change, which is unfortunate, since it's inaccurate at this point and causes confusion and frustration for the users. 

But now we know!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Bridgette
Level 1
Level 1

Here's the Security Update I'm referring to:

https://help.webex.com/en-us/n5hqai2/Webex-Meetings-Security-Update

Just to close the loop on this: we spoke with Support and they confirmed that this behavior is by design since the April 2020 update. They indicated that the UI is not expected to change, which is unfortunate, since it's inaccurate at this point and causes confusion and frustration for the users. 

But now we know!

Bridgette
Level 1
Level 1

And the bigger problem is that it's driving the CEO crazy. He likes to use his Personal Room for calls, and just dial in via phone, so when the Room locks, he has no way to unlock it. We have to look for a different solution unless we can figure it out.