Helpful
Replies

Assign Webex license site based on email domain

md4ri097
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,
I hope your 2024 has started well

that's my problem, an organization has 2 different Webex Sites, they was managed with Site Administration and now moved to Control Hub.

This organization use 2 different email domain and based on this I would like to assign the proper license

Example: user@siteA.com will have Base Messaging + Webex Meetings Suite (siteA.com)
Example: user@siteB.com will have Base Messaging + Webex Meetings Suite (siteB.com)

The org has SSO activated and user are provisioned using JIT for auto account creation, no AD or connector for users.

Given this, before in Site Administration the user was created in the correct site, but now that the sites are both under the Control Hub how could I auto assign the correct license given the email?

Because using the automatic assign license I'll end up with all the user unlicensed, licensed on site A, licensed on site B, licensed on both the site

Create Groups to divide the user will always require a manual step: user created, go to Control Hub and move the new user to the right group and only now they have the right license assigned.

So there is a way to specify the license assigned during the auto creation? Or move directly the user inside the group when auto created? Or there is another way to do it and am I missing something?

Thanks in advance

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

To my knowledge group-based automatic license assignment feature requires AD or Azure. The help article doesn’t cover this but you may also be able to achieve it with SCIM or direct API calls if you can control group membership (re)assignment once user accounts are created.

Thanks for your reply Jonathan, I really appreciate it and I'll look trough SCIM. From your knowledge there's something we can achieve using only the IdP and JIT/SAML that we are already using for the Auto Creation of users at their first login?
From my view integrating AD will be the only possible solution but it really affect a lot and will need the support of our costumer to get all implemented, will be actually useful to have a way to create group and add automatically user that match specific criteria.