cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to join Microsoft Teams meeting from WebEx Board using WebRTC?

filimonic
Level 1
Level 1

How to join Microsoft Teams meeting from WebEx Board?

Now, I have connected everything (Hybrid Calendar to Exchange on-premise through ExpressWay), so when I create a meeting, my webex board shows this meeting in it's calendar on touch panel.

But there is no Join button.

WebRTC support is inabled on admin.webex.com > Devices > Settings > WebRTC support ,
WebEngine is set to ON on admin.webex.com > Devices > My Board device > Device configurations > WebEngine > Mode : ON

1 Accepted Solution

Solved!

Yep, it was Exchange problem. 

Exchange room mailbox internally has a robot that accepts or declines meeting requests (meeting messages) for the room (room is a user)

Found that by default, when robot is accepting meeting request, it puts into calendar a copy of meeting message, but with wiped out everything from meeting, except time and organizer.
Then, when ExpressWay reads room's calendar from exchange, It sees only time and organizer in calendar event.

If I disable removing contents of message ( and attachments, i'm not sure it's necessary ), the Exchange robot don't wipe meeting invitation text ( and MSTeams`s Join Meeting link ), and this text successfully copied into calendar.

And in this case, ExpressWay sees Join Meeting link in message, and passes it to Cloud, and Cloud parses It, and It gets MS Teams meeting URL, and It passes it ot Webex Board!
Command to disable wiping out invintation text on room mailbox on Exchange:

Set-CalendarProcessing -Identity $RoomMailbox -DeleteComments:$false -DeleteAttachments:$false

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

thomas.vidgar
Level 1
Level 1

I actually think it's the other way around. It works in Room mode just fine.

(And, sorry for missing that you already had stated that you had enabled in WCH and on device, I saw that just now...)

It works in Room mode just fine

I'm staring to think this can be MSExchange problem: 

In Personal mode It reads person's calendar.

In Room mode I set up it to read room calendar. I'm starting to think that Exchange's internal robot that is responsible for accepting\declining meetings for room account is wiping out meeting message's data, so there is no meeting link in this calendar event, and cloud sees only invintation itself without link.

Solved!

Yep, it was Exchange problem. 

Exchange room mailbox internally has a robot that accepts or declines meeting requests (meeting messages) for the room (room is a user)

Found that by default, when robot is accepting meeting request, it puts into calendar a copy of meeting message, but with wiped out everything from meeting, except time and organizer.
Then, when ExpressWay reads room's calendar from exchange, It sees only time and organizer in calendar event.

If I disable removing contents of message ( and attachments, i'm not sure it's necessary ), the Exchange robot don't wipe meeting invitation text ( and MSTeams`s Join Meeting link ), and this text successfully copied into calendar.

And in this case, ExpressWay sees Join Meeting link in message, and passes it to Cloud, and Cloud parses It, and It gets MS Teams meeting URL, and It passes it ot Webex Board!
Command to disable wiping out invintation text on room mailbox on Exchange:

Set-CalendarProcessing -Identity $RoomMailbox -DeleteComments:$false -DeleteAttachments:$false

thomas.vidgar
Level 1
Level 1

@filimonic -Have you checked so your web engine isn't turned off on the device, and that you have enabled the feature in WCH/devices/settings?

Yes, It's on. Cisco engineer told that MSTeams from meeting works only in
Personal mode, not Room mode yet.

Andres Salgado
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi filimonic,

The following video covers WebRTC and hybrid calendar:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tw2dw0yu00o&feature=youtu.be

I hope it helps.

Regards,

Andres

Response Signature

hi. 

we just set up this for our room kits..

What you have to do:

When you get invited to a microsoft teams meeting -> copy the meeting link -> make a new appointment with the devices included and paste the link into that..

Then you will see a microsoft teams icon on the devides and you can just press join

NOTE: Join Button will appear 5 minutes before the meeting.. no minute earlier

No luck with it, same behaviour