Views
Helpful
Replies

I cant join meetings

roua
Level 1
Level 1

I cant join meetings

I try to join the meeting from the link but it says' site took long to respond' or 'site cant be reached' then I try to enter from meeting id and password and the problem persists, it doesn't let me join. It seems there is a problem between my wifi and the webex server itself that's giving me an error, however I have been using webex for half a year now and this problem never occurred with the same wifi connection. It just happened suddenly. I even restarted my laptop and wifi router and still the same problem.

8 Replies 8

Hey, i am facing this issue, did you resolve it ?

Goswin Weemaes
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

@mark.haanraadts , if you know your public IP address, can you check if it has been marked as malicious by BrightCloud and/or Talos?
More info about this on the following link: https://help.webex.com/en-us/WBX1831/Unable-to-Reach-or-Access-Webex-Site

Response Signature

Goswin Weemaes
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

@roua , as you think that the problem could be related to your wifi connection, did you already try with a wired connection or with a tethered 4G connection?
If it's working on another type of network connection, then I would suggest you to contact the supplier of your wifi connection.

Goswin
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Response Signature

Yes I tried another connection it worked ,however my wifi is working perfectly fine the only problem is that webex is not opening on it (only webex)

As the problem is linked to your wifi network, I would suggest to open a case with the team taking care of your wifi infrastructure. They should be able to troubleshoot why you can't join a Webex meeting.

Response Signature

Hi Roua,

Was this resolved? I worked with Cisco Level 2 and my corporate network engineers and no one seems to be able to figure this out. Everything works, except cisco.webex.com. I noticed that the tracert bypasses vpn, so that's probably the root cause. No one can figure out why.

Right now I'm on a Zoom call on VPN Wifi, no problems.

Ashish Patel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Could be so many things here is a quick checklist
- verify the URL is correct with others
- can you get to the root company.webex.com site and click on join meeting and enter the meeting ID there?
- is it working on your other machines or webex mobile device app? Try LTE or Wifi from the mobile device?
- Seems like it could be a local issue on your side perhaps?
https://help.webex.com/en-us/nq0gfqcb/Troubleshoot-Your-Cisco-Webex-Meeting
https://help.webex.com/en-us/WBX9000018881/Troubleshooting-Meetings
Thanks
ashish

Response Signature

No the URL is correct
I tried 4 different meeting urls and all didnt work
I tried joining from the link and the green tab’join meeting’ and tried joining by meeting id and pass and the problem persists
I tried from my phone and same thing happened ‘couldnt join meeting’
Its some problem related from the webex server and my wifi connection ,however it was working fine

The problem started yesterday its been two days
Please help me fix it
Thank you