cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

List External Users by People API

mikechiu1012
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there, is there any possibility that I can list external users and external administrators through List People API?

Asking because when I log in Control Hub, I can see the external users and administrators in tabs respectively,

however, when I make API call to the People API, only users within the organization has been returned.

Was wondering is there any way to get the external users/administrators through API ?

Thanks !

3 Replies 3

mikechiu1012
Level 1
Level 1

I've test scim API but got the 403 error message

"message": "The server understood the request, but refused to fulfill it because the access token is missing required scopes or the user is missing required roles or licenses.

trackingId: ROUTERGW_dd8a42b0-2e32-45c8-8689-b79a2aa7b7e2

I have no idea which scope is missing as my access token contains scopes: `spark:all` , `identity:people_rw`, `identity:people_read`, `spark-admin:people_read`, `spark-admin:roles_read` and `spark-admin:organizations_read` , does anyone can help check the problem ? thanks!

You cannot search for external people via people API. There are only limited possibilities to find externals e.g. for email as search attribute:
Lookup by email is only supported for people within the same org or where a partner admin relationship is in place.
All options are documented at https://developer.webex.com/docs/api/v1/people/list-people

Hi @Sebastian Leuser , thanks for your reply!

Yes, I've noticed that the people API is unable to get the external users back, therefore, I've tried the SCIM API endpoint. But unfortunately, I failed with 403 error and have no idea the root cause (I've already assigned the scopes mentioned on the doc to the integration/app). 

Is there any config needed to do or license necessary for SCIM ? Thanks !