cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mic works in breakout sessions but not in full Webex group

Cabhan1955
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone, just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience where their microphone won't work in the full Webex group (even when unmuted by the host) but works fine in smaller group breakout sessions within the same class/conference. 

The Webex Audio test for mic & speakers works fine. Correct device is chosen for mic & speakers in Systems Preferences. Have used two different headsets but with same issue. I'm using quite an old PC, a MAC 10.10.5, OS X Yosemite. Assume it's a PC issue but they're doesn't seem to be any Privacy settings I can adjust which may be blocking the mic in the larger group.

Any advice would be much appreciated if anyone has experienced this.

Thanks

3 Replies 3

I have the ...opposite problem: the microphone works fine in the full webex group (they -all- can hear me), but they cannot hear me in breakout session group...

btredway
Level 1
Level 1

I have a similar issue with my mic.  Privacy setting are good, microphone picks up audio ( I was able to record myself with Voice Recorder in Windows and play it back).  Plus, in Webex, the bar clearly moves when testing the mic functionality. Proper device is selected.  I even hooked up the mic to another computer and it installed and works just fine.  These are company issued laptops with the same settings.  The mic for some reason simply will not transmit inside the meeting.  It's not muted.  I'm at my wits end.  Any ideas what could be causing this.  I was using a 8mm microphone which worked and will still work if I connect it, the new one is a USB mic.

ktwong
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Same mic/speaker should work in breakout or Main group. I would suggest to open TAC case to look further.

Response Signature