cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

"is starting to share content" when attendee tries to share screen

Samir Z.
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I'm organizing a conference for which we're going to use Webex. To be more precise, Webex meetings. We've tested it out to see how it works before the conference itself, and I noticed one of my colleagues can't share his screen, he can't see me over camera, nor I can see him. When he tried to share the screen, I see the black screen telling "[his name] is starting to share content", and it gets stuck there.

He uses a Linux computer. Can you, please, tell me whether this is some usual behaviour, and if there is some solution for it.

I assumed it had to do something with the internet, but he tried it both, from home and from work, so I'm starting to doubt it has something to do with the internet connection.

In some other apps I can see him perfectly on his camera, and I suppose he would even be able to share his screen content with me.

If somebody could help, I would be very grateful.

4 Replies 4

I know this post is from a while ago, but we just figured out a solution that is working!  For us, this was happening when someone was sharing the screen using the WebEx app from an iPad.  In the app, when the presenter clicks "Share Screen," they are given a choice of what to optimize.  They need to click "Optimize for Video" (regardless of what they're actually sharing) and then all users will be able to see the content.  I hopes this works from the Linux computer as well.

lancwit
Level 1
Level 1

Suffering with this problem too.  It includes the audio beep like when a user joins a conference periodically sounding, loss of video on the camera, and sharing not being visible.  Sharing of screen is stuck at "xxxx is starting to share content".  

Has there been any indication of what causes this problem?  Resolution?  

tslaughter
Level 1
Level 1

I am running the Webex app on Zorin linux. Content sharing had some limitations but was usable for weeks. Stopped working this week - I just get 'starting to share' 

bryan.hobbs
Level 1
Level 1

No solution to this? 

On a Mac, screen sharing has been working for months then stopped functioning yesterday. 

just see the message 'xxxx is starting to share content'

re installed twice.