Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex Alerts

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

I have a customer who wants to monitor 7821 IP phones registered to Webex and generate an alert if one goes off-line or comes back.

I have set up an alert rule in Alerts center that monitors all devices and configured email and Webex space as delivery channels.

When I remove a phone no alert is generated - I have tried multiple times and left the phone disconnected for over an hour.

Given the lack of support for phones in some parts of Webex - looking at you Devices API - I tried removing a Webex Room Kit but that did not trigger an alert either.

Enabling the Legacy alerts feature on Webex Room Kit page generates alerts to a Webex space but this feature is labelled as "To be discontinued".

Has anyone got the new alerts feature to work? If yes has anyone tested it with IP phone devices such as the 7821?

2 Replies 2

williams.mark.m
Level 1
Level 1

Unfortunately there is not a method to do this by device type. You have to filter by device name or all devices. If you choose to have an alert setup for specific devices, one alert can trigger notifications for up to 30 devices. I will say that while you waited over an hour, the test alerts that I setup took approximately 15 minutes to generate an email and message to a space, so there is quite a delay.

Hi James,

We have configured Webex Alerts based on the events from the devices registered in the webex and its working fine but we don't have 7821

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.