Helpful
Replies

webex system size scenario ??

M Reza Hadi
Level 1
Level 1

hi dear friends,

we want to deploy cisco webex cwms, as this scenario:

maximum 10 people can be as host and be able to create meetings..

each meeting can be support maximum 1000 participant..

what scale of webex we must to deploy?

is 50 users enough for that ? + add HA vm to main admin vm ? (how many HA vm we wants?)

or we must deploy 2000 users vm, then add HA vm to that? (how many HA vm we wants?)

(i read every meeting can support only 100 participant, and for increasing that, you must add HA vm..)

..if this (helps) or (answered your question), please click (Helpful) or (Accept as Solution)..
1 Reply 1

dennis.raulien
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Mohammadreza,

it seems this questions is some older, but it seems not to solved or answered. 

First of all, when you want to have up to 10 users which host meetings, then you are fine with a 50 users environment. For a 50 users deployment you need a admin vm and a IRP vm nad you can have both additional as a redundant HA machines. 

When I am following the linked planning guide, I can see that also for 2000 or 4000 user environment the "Maximum Participants in One Meeting" is given with 500.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/collaboration/CWMS/4_0/Planning_Requirements/cwms_b_planning-guide-system-requirements-cwms-4-0/cwms_m_webex-system-requirements-4-0.html#reference_A11B522B36F14B59A0B83A374908C9E0

If you want to target your 1000 participants goal, I would recommend you WebEx Events or WebEx Webinars. 

https://help.webex.com/en-US/article/8wf2bb/Compare-Webex-Webinars-and-Webex-Events-(classic)

HA vms aren´t mandatory machines for the deployment, but when you want to have some redundancy you will need them. But they don´t increase the numbers of participants. 

"The HA virtual machines are shown as the Redundant virtual machines. If your system does not include HA support, only deploy the Primary system."

Hopefully that helped you.

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.