Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex Teams avatar upload

Katana3128
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

is there any restriction for upload avatar picture when is set AD sync with an avatar?

In the web app show error "There was a problem adding your picture. Please upload your picture again."

In the windows deskop app show uploaded picture, but after close the avatar menu, the picture do not change, opening avatar menu show the same (not changed) picture again.

In the Control Hub - "Configure Webex Meetings Site" is all upload picture enabled (checked).

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Avatars uploaded by AD sync are OK.

But not all of the users have pictures in AD. So when I or others will upload photo, the upload fail.

I have an old avatar when I used free version. I don't have picture in AD. So now I can't change avatar to my regular photo, like others from AD.

So my question was, if exist any restriction, when AD sync is enabled.

And the answer is YES: 

The images that are synchronized become the default avatar for users in the Cisco Webex Teams app. 
Users are not allowed to set their own avatar after this feature is enabled from Cisco Directory Connector. 

Thanks for your link. I couldn't find the restriction befor. My wrong reading in the document :-(

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Avatars uploaded by AD sync are OK.

But not all of the users have pictures in AD. So when I or others will upload photo, the upload fail.

I have an old avatar when I used free version. I don't have picture in AD. So now I can't change avatar to my regular photo, like others from AD.

So my question was, if exist any restriction, when AD sync is enabled.

And the answer is YES: 

The images that are synchronized become the default avatar for users in the Cisco Webex Teams app. 
Users are not allowed to set their own avatar after this feature is enabled from Cisco Directory Connector. 

Thanks for your link. I couldn't find the restriction befor. My wrong reading in the document :-(