cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex Teams for Intune

michael_hysen
Level 1
Level 1

I am looking for a way to apply Microsfot Intune MAM App Protection policies to Webex Teams for mobile devices.  You have a few documents that mention its possible, but they seem to be incomplete and actually rais more questions than answers: https://help.webex.com/en-us/alsshfb/Secure-Webex-Teams-on-Mobile-Devices

For example,

1. What is the difference between Webex Teams for Intune and standard Webex Teams?

2. Why is there no managed app (only managed device) App Protection policy available for Webex Teams for Intune ? 

3. We do not MDM enroll our devices in Intune, so want to rely on MAM policies only?  What are my options then? Use a Custom App policy?

4. Would the Custom App policy give me the same capabilitties as the AppConfig policy mentione din your article? 

5. What if someone installs the normal "webex Teams" on their mobile device, and not the Intune specific one or vice versa?  Will the configured app policy still apply, or are they interchangable?  I can not select between the apps in a conditional access rule in Azure...so how would I stop someone using the "other" app essentually bypassing my app policies?

Sorry for the many questions....

5 Replies 5

DavidCober45781
Level 1
Level 1

Final update (probably): With the latest release, you can now enforce the intune app by checking "Disable the use of unmanaged apps" in the control hub. The documentation hasn't been updated but we tested and confirmed that it works. 

https://help.webex.com/en-us/9sewa8/Enable-Security-Settings-for-Webex-Mobile-Apps

It all technically works, but I would sleep better at night if Cisco would follow Microsoft's standards for app registrations and Intune MAM rather than doing their own thing.

DavidCober45781
Level 1
Level 1

There was an update this past weekend which solved most of my issues. I still cannot figure out how to force the use of the intune-enlightened app (Question 5 above).

DavidCober45781
Level 1
Level 1

Also a heads up: the intune app persists some data through uninstall/reinstall. If you log into the app with your admin account to grant consent, the app is now linked to that admin account until you wipe the device.

DavidCober45781
Level 1
Level 1

We're also trying to set this up and are struggling. I've been going back and forth with Cisco support for weeks. No one seems to understand how this works.

zbrantley1
Level 1
Level 1

I have this same problem.  Additionally, we use 2 factor authentication and control logins using IP ranges.  I have the same 5 questions with an emphasis on numbers 3 & 5.