cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Why are older messages missing from my Webex teams after swapping laptops?

__mike__
Level 1
Level 1

I'm using Webex Teams Version 41.3.0.18143 for macOS Catalina. 

I recently swapped laptops a lot of my older messages, from even just a few months ago are missing. As in, I'll search for a conversation that I know exists from my desktop app and Teams won't be able to find it. I'll search for the same conversation on the app on my phone and I am able to find them very easily.

I haven't found a solid pattern for which historical messages are available and which aren't. Is there any way to sync or recover them? I still have my old laptop if needed.

2 Replies 2

Wade H.
Spotlight
Spotlight

Two things I would consider:

- Are there any retention policies set for your org in Control Hub? This may limit how long messages are retained before they are deleted. Perhaps the old client is caching some older messages.

- On the new device, you may try resetting the local database, as this often resolves weird issues with search and encryption. From your profile picture, select Help -> Health Checker -> Reset.

Thanks Wade. Resetting the local database via Health Checker appears to have somewhat done the trick. I reset the database, and tried checking for the same search strings I tried earlier, and they were unsuccessful. I pulled up the individual chats, and began scrolling back and was able to start finding the conversations I was looking for. Only after I manually scrubbed back in time to find these chats did the searches work again.