Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding Users

In our environment we have not synced with AD and using 10 digit numbers as Alias. Trying to add the users in web ex that don't have corresponding emails within CUCM but are wanting to have them use web calling through. Do the user emails have to match up within Unified or Unity?  Is there a workaround or am I over complicating this?

3 Replies 3

Jeff-PCC
Level 1
Level 1

We had some similar use-cases. Since the dept. used a shared email, it would not show up as a valid account in AD. 

We set up the user acct (dept. Use) using a 'dummy' email address, then under the Voicemail section, I enabled the 'send a copy' to the deptartment shared email address.

Only drawback going this route is that they do not have access to the self-service PIN reset and forwarding, or do-not-distub options thru settings.webex.com 

Good luck!

Dmytro Benda
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi jgerdes@ucmo.edu 

In my understanding you can add any user with any email to Webex Calling, even with Gmail. That's how it looks in our tenant (I hid the prefix part of my Gmail email address):

DmytroBenda_0-1679941629752.png

As you see my account is active and I can make calls through Webex Calling. 

My Cisco Unified Communications Blog

yes I get that but when it is tied to CUCM for calling I thought it has to match the user accounts. In our environment we are using generic 10 digit users for our Phone systems. IE 6605431111 and matching emails, 6605431111@ucmo.edu. These aren't real emails address's so we can't verify the email for use in Webex.