cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Caller ID becomes "Unknown" on device used to answer call

Rancho
Level 1
Level 1

I'm using the Webex app provided to me by my ISP on 2 iPhones and a PC. The caller ID of incoming calls is visible on all 3 devices, but becomes "Unknown" on the device I answer on.

4 Replies 4

dtibbe
VIP
VIP

The caller ID may be updated during a call, for instance if a call transfer is completed or so.

You may try having a look into the Webex App's or device's trace files, but I'd suggest to raise a ticket to have them look into the SIP traces..

@dtibbe wrote:

The caller ID may be updated during a call, for instance if a call transfer is completed or so.

Thank you for the reply. I'll be a little more specific. When there is an incoming call, the Caller ID shows correctly on the 3 devices that I have Webex installed on. But, on the the device that actually answers the call, the Caller ID immediately changes to "Unknown" at the time that the call is answered, and is recorded as "Unknown" on the incoming call list. The other 2 devices show the correct Caller ID in their incoming caller lists.

Understood. In my setup, I do have a MPP, an Android, and the Webex app running. They all keep the correct caller ID for incoming calls, ie. I cannot reproduce the issue on my end. Haven't heard of any customer as well..

That's why I suspect any SIP message that is sent to the answering device in your specific provider setup.

I don't usually answer calls on my PC, but I just took a call on the PC to see if the issue occurred there, it did not. It only occurs on the 2 iPhones 

• I do not know what a SIP message is.
  • I subscribe to Webex through my Phone Service Provider, Cox Communications.
  • This issue started spontaneously 4 days ago.