cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Camera does not work with background image

eric.dcvieira
Level 1
Level 1

My camera does not show me in front when I select a background image, and with defocus. Someone with same problem?

1 Accepted Solution

dmcinnis
Level 1
Level 1

Issue resolved. Updated camera firmware from lenovo.com, removed all apps that used the camera - webex, zoom, ...  rebooted then reinstalled webex and now it is working,.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

gladysronzales
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Cisco Community,

If your camera isn't displaying you in front when using a background image or with defocus, you're not alone. Many users have encountered this issue, especially when trying to use features like these in apps such as PicsArt. It's important to troubleshoot and explore settings to ensure compatibility and functionality for a seamless experience....Keep it up.

Best Luck!

dmcinnis
Level 1
Level 1

Issue resolved. Updated camera firmware from lenovo.com, removed all apps that used the camera - webex, zoom, ...  rebooted then reinstalled webex and now it is working,.

eric.dcvieira
Level 1
Level 1

Reinstall but the problem persists

dtibbe
VIP
VIP

I've checked here, but I do not have the issue neither in calls nor in meetings. Also I've not heard about that from any collegues.

Is the issue also present if you place yourself in front of another wall? Maybe you're too shiny and Webex does not recognize you in front of the white wall

Is the issue specific to Webex Calling or is is in Calls on Webex or Meetings as well?

I'm going to try to reinstall, I tested the same feature with Zoom it worked

Background removal is done by the app, not by the camera. The algorithms may differ between applications..

I have to reinstall, webex again.. thank you

This was helpful to me.  

---Fred Therrien---
Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.