cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Webex Calling Virtual Line / "Bulk Translation Pattern" question

rmeuchel
Level 1
Level 1

I need to translate a range of 2000 numbers from 4 digits to +1xxxyyzzzz format.

I successfully did this for one number be creating a virtual line and doing a call forward all. This was straight forward.

However, is there anything similar to translation pattern in CUCM where I could do something like translating  XXXX to +1222333XXXX or use the [23]XXX type of formatting to translate anything starting with a 2 or 3 that is 4 digits long to a full DID?

If this is not possible, I see that there is a bulk CSV upload available for the virtual line. However, the template only has basic fields: First Name, Last Name, Display Name, Location, Phone Number, Extension. Is it possible to add 2 more fields: 1) for enabling (checking the box) for Call Forward All and 2) Enter the number I'm forwarding to. Then, I could quickly bulk import hundreds or thousands of virtual lines that would forward to the correct number (individually). If this is possible, please let me know exactly what these 2 fields are called and what I enter to enable call forwarding in the fields.

Thanks much for your help!

1 Reply 1

Hey @rmeuchel, it sounds like you're looking for Virtual Extension Ranges (https://help.webex.com/en-us/article/fh3l46/Virtual-Extension-Configuration-in-Control-Hub#Cisco_Task_in_List_GUI.dita_383f0a59-a716-425e-ad1e-e625d0c3a44c). This will allow you to enter a prefix, "+1222333" and then your extension patterns,"2XXX" and "3XXX", etc. This would make any calls to those ranges be converted into +12223332XXX and +12223333XXX. As a note, you cannot make the pattern with all wildcards ("XXXX"). 

There have been talks of CUCM style translation patterns coming to Webex Calling but as of today, there is no publicly available information or timeline for that.

Hope this helps!