cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Invalid Activation Code for Cisco 7841

adekunlef
Level 1
Level 1

I just got a Cisco 7841 phone to be used to test our web calling demo account. I keep getting "invalid activation code" when i tried registering the device to the web calling cloud.

Is there something i am missing?

Regards,

4 Replies 4

olunney
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Some additional notes:

- Webex calling supports devices running MPP software only. These devices can be purchased running MPP software natively or phones running enterprise firmware can be converted to MPP (if on the supported list, see upgrade.cisco.com). 

- If you have purchased a Cisco phone running enterprise software, then yes you need a migration license to run MPP software (included in the user subscription cost) and the license can be requested during ordering.

Once you are running MPP firmware you can add the device to webex calling using a MAC or activation code and assign to a user (which has a user license cost nothing to do with the device). 

My guess per your issue is that the device is already provisioned elsewhere on webex calling. I would also suggest submitting a ticket into TAC and have them verify. If you try and add a device using MAC or activation code and it is already provisioned in another org you will get an error. 

Kind Regards,

Owen

Matt_W
Level 3
Level 3

There are multiple things that could be causing this including the wrong firmware on the phone compared to the type of Cloud call service you are using, missing licenses for the phone, ect...  I would recommend reaching out to Cisco TAC to review the error.

Hi,

Do i need a separate license on the phone apart from buying a MPP phone?

Regards,

If you are using the phone independently (like a lobby phone) from a user then the phone will need a license.  if it is being assigned to a user then the user's Enterprise license will allow the phone to register.

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.