Views
Helpful
Replies

Third-party Headsets Integration with Webex Calling

TommyChai
Level 1
Level 1

Hi 

Currently, the headset supported by Webex Calling is very limited. Does Webex Calling provide a standard external Windows Client SDK? To support third-party headsets that can be integrated independently without Webex intervention. Or if only can be done by Webex Calling is required, what is the standard process?

3 Replies 3

NickSPH
Level 1
Level 1

Hi TommyChai,

We recently purchased some Yealink devices (WH66, WH67, and BH72) which unfortunately currently have no Webex integration. I contacted Yealink, and they do want to integrate with Webex (see https://support.yealink.com/support-service/attachment/downLoadFile?fileCode=517e64cf73654e7e), but it seems Cisco has no API for the devices to support or cannot update Webex easily to support third-party device integrations.

I do hope Cisco will more actively support third-party device integrations, otherwise I suppose Microsoft Teams will only become a better and better ecosystem for third-parties to support...

Kathy N.
VIP
VIP

If you just need a headset that can be used with Webex Calling, almost any device will work.  We have USB headsets and bluetooth headsets from several different vendors and users have not issues with using them with the Webex Calling app,   Are you asking for specific feature support with Webex?  If not, the majority of manufacturer's headsets will work with the Webex Calling app.

Response Signature

Hi Cathy,

Thank you for your reply. Yes, I want to confirm that in addition to the Webex-certified brand (Jabra/Poly) headsets, if other brands of headsets want to work with the Webex Windows Client, and can be implemented through the buttons on the headset Answer/hang up/Mute/Hold and other functions,How to achieve it?

Does Webex have an SDK for this type of functionality? Or should we raise the compatibility requirements for this brand of headset to Webex?

Thank you very much for your reply;