Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex app notifications don't come in on iPhone

Jagl-itvendors
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, 

I have a user who's webex iphone app, that is downloaded through Intune, doesn't push out any sort of notifications. The app only shows notifications when the user has the app actively open. I.e. the user won't see phone call go through on his iPhone but it will be ringing on his desktop, even if the app on the iPhone is running in the background. Unless the app is directly open on screen, user will not see phone call notifications come through. The user will see the missed call in the Call log on the phone after it has finished ringing on the desktop.

I have checked in-app notifications and Iphone's app settings for Webex, and both are in order and have full notifications enabled. I have also tried uninstalling the app and re-installing the app from intune. No luck, user gets in the app, logs in and app doesn't notify of incoming calls. We have SSO setup. 

Please help, as I do not know how to remediate this and its a pretty big problem, rendering his iPhone useless to use for Webex.

1 Reply 1

Shanev300z
Level 1
Level 1

I am also experiencing this same issue. Intune is not the variable as we are using a different MDM for Iphones. After the desk phone stops ringing user will get a missed call notification on their iphone and when they click on the notification and sign in webex will open and will start ringing in an incoming call like the person ( missed call number) is calling them but is actually not!  If the user is quick enough to hit the answer button it gets a spinning wheel and returns to webex home screen giving the appearance that the call was dropped.

This is a huge problem that seems to be applicable to IOS devices only as i also have an android device im doing testing side by side that just works!  APN are  configured correctly and background refresh is enabled for webex.