cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex calls ring to my device not computer

sorourke
Level 1
Level 1

When someone calls me through Webex Teams, the calls appear on my cell phone not my computer. Where is the setting to change this and have call ring to my computer as default?

1 Accepted Solution

Hi,

If you can re-upload the earlier screenshots that I asked for, it'll be helpful. If you click on the Phone icon on the hub (left side), does it give you an option to dial numbers? If it doesn't, then I think you're using the free calling called 'Call on Webex'. You can also confirm if this is how you're setup by right-clicking on the contact name which looks something like this.

Screen Shot 2021-08-05 at 8.20.00 pm.png

Also, did you confirm that client isn't configured to mute the incoming call notifications (Always mute notifications) in the Notifications tab? You can access this by clicking on your profile picture on the top left.

SankarVoleti_0-1628159246297.png

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Sankar Voleti
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Do you mean to say that the call rings on your mobile Webex app and not the desktop? Assuming that you're signed-in into both, I would check this setting on the desktop app. If you're using a Mac based client, then Click your profile picture, choose Preferences, and then select Notifications.

Screen Shot 2021-08-03 at 6.09.43 pm.png

Yes, the call rings on my mobile app and not the desktop. It used to ring on both, now it only rings on my mobile. I have searched my desktop app settings and can't find anything to make a change. I am not on a Mac. Please provide setting instructions.

If you can send a screenshot of the phone service status from the bottom left of the Webex app, it'll help to confirm if the service is active. Sometimes it's very easy to miss noticing that the service is actually disconnected! You can also verify the Phone Service status from the 'Settings' menu as shown in the picture above. As long as you're sure that the incoming notifications aren't muted, I'll check the actual status of the phone service.

-Sankar

I don't have Phone status in my Settings. Here are all the settings that have to do with the phone in my desktop app:
[cid:image002.jpg@01D788FE.53F031C0]
[cid:image006.jpg@01D788FE.53F031C0]

I don't see the images that you've uploaded. Can you upload again? They just appear as cid:image002.jpg@01D788FE.53F031C0.

Can you see them now?

No, i've just refreshed my browser and don't see the images! By the way, do you've an extension assigned to your user account in the control hub? Or does someone call you just by clicking on 'Call on Webex'?

Basically, my Audio settings have options for Ringers/Alerts, Speaker and Microphone and all are set up with options on my desktop/headset. The calling options, someone just hits the phone button in Teams to call me. It used to offer the pop up on my desktop and ring on my mobile. Now I don't have the pop up on computer to answer the call, it just rings on my mobile.

Hi,

If you can re-upload the earlier screenshots that I asked for, it'll be helpful. If you click on the Phone icon on the hub (left side), does it give you an option to dial numbers? If it doesn't, then I think you're using the free calling called 'Call on Webex'. You can also confirm if this is how you're setup by right-clicking on the contact name which looks something like this.

Screen Shot 2021-08-05 at 8.20.00 pm.png

Also, did you confirm that client isn't configured to mute the incoming call notifications (Always mute notifications) in the Notifications tab? You can access this by clicking on your profile picture on the top left.

SankarVoleti_0-1628159246297.png

Thank you!! That was the setting - I had "Always mute notifications". Once I changed that to your screen shot I can now receive calls on my computer. 

Just in case: are both devices in the same network, ie. are there no firewall rules special to your desktop?

Have you tried to remove the mobile app, test the call feature, and then add the mobile app back in? 

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.