cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Remove Sandbox Account to use Primary number for new Account

Brian Mahoney
Level 1
Level 1

I recently joined a new partner and I want to transition my sandbox to that account.  I have another sandbox that I had been leveraging and it has my cell phone as the primary number.  I'd like to delete the old sandbox so that I can leverage my mobile number in the new account as primary.  I haven't been able to find a way to delete the old account in the Sandbox environment.

2 Replies 2

Connect - Tanuj
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @Brian Mahoney - Am I right in thinking that your old Sandbox account was created using a corporate email id that you no longer have access to, and that's the reason behind this request? We would need your email id or phone number associated with your tenant to assess this further. Please can you raise a support request to Webex Connect support team; assuming you have the details through the partner route. Let me know, if not.

Tanuj Goyal
Webex Connect

gpbox60
Level 1
Level 1

Transitioning sandboxes between accounts or deleting an existing sandbox account can vary based on the platform you're using. Typically, sandbox environments aim to mimic the primary account functionalities without affecting live data. Here are some general steps you might follow:

1. **Review Platform Guidelines:** Check the platform's documentation or support resources for specific instructions on transferring sandboxes between accounts or deleting sandboxes.

2. **Contact Support:** If you can't find a direct way to delete the sandbox, consider reaching out to the platform's support team. They can guide you through the process or perform the necessary actions on their end.

3. **Migration Process:** Some platforms might not allow direct transfers of sandboxes between accounts. In such cases, you might need to create a new sandbox in the new partner account and manually migrate the required data or configurations from the old sandbox to the new one.

4. **Primary Number Transfer:** If the primary number is associated with the sandbox environment, you might need to release it from the old sandbox before using it in the new one. This could involve modifying settings or configurations within the sandbox environment.

5. **Data Backup:** Before deleting the old sandbox, ensure you've backed up any essential data or configurations that you might need in the future.

6. **Considerations:** Deleting a sandbox might have irreversible consequences, such as losing all data or configurations within that sandbox. Be certain that you won't need any information from the old sandbox before proceeding with deletion.

Remember, these steps might differ based on the platform you're using, so consulting the platform's support or documentation for sandbox management specifics is crucial for a smooth transition.