Views
Helpful
Replies

Add apps to Webex Desk Mini homescreen

ChrisSpeirs
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I would like to see if it's possible to add a Teams or Zoom app to the homescreen of the Webex Desk Mini. We use other meeting software in addition to Webex and it would be great if we could get all of them on the homescreen.

Thank you.

2 Replies 2

To add the Zoom app to a Webex device, follow this links instructions....
roomdevices-macros-samples/Join Zoom with DTMF Zoom Tools at master · CiscoDevNet/roomdevices-macros-samples · GitHub

Just remember, you can't join Zoom meetings via SIP unless you or the person who sent you the Zoom meeting pays for the Zoom CRC license. 

To join a Teams meeting from a Webex Desk Mini, make sure you have a calendar added to the Webex device. Forward or add that devices email to the scheduled Teams meeting, and you will get the "join" button to join that Webex device to the Teams meeting. 

There are some options you need to enable to make that work for Microsoft Teams and Webex devices....

Enable WebRTC to Join a Microsoft Teams Meeting from Webex Boards, Room Devices, and Desk Pros

Join a Microsoft Teams meeting from Board, Desk, and Room Series with WebRTC (webex.com)

Join Microsoft Teams Meetings with Cisco Webex Video Integration for Microsoft Teams

If you forward Microsoft Teams meetings to another email thats attached to the meeting device, you may need to run this powershell on that email account so that it doesn't delete the meeting info....

Exchange Resource Mailbox Configuration for Meeting Rooms : Jeff Schertz's Blog

I don't have a Webex Desk Mini, but I do have a Desk and you can plug a USB-C cable from the Desk to a laptop to extend the devices microphone, camera and speakers for any meeting you run on the laptop. Not sure if its the same for a Desk Mini or not. 

I did forget to mention that you can register Webex devices to your Zoom account. You can still join Webex meetings. I'm unsure about Microsoft Teams meetings though.