cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Beep sound when changing volume on Cisco Headset 730

mariac
Level 1
Level 1

Hey, whenever I change system volume, I get a beep sound on my Cisco 730 headset.

This occurs both when using the USB adapter as well as the integrated bluetooth of the laptop.
When using the onboard bluetooth, there are two audio devices, one "Handsfree AG audio" and one "Stereo":

- When I select the Stereo one as my device, I have normal sound and the beeping doesn't occur when changing volume. However, I then have no sound from Webex Meetings, only from other sources. I've found out, that Webex meetings for some reason only work with the Handsfree output, but with that one I have the beeping sound when changing volume.
Setting the stereo one as standard and Handsfree as standard communication device works, at least I can change system volume without any beeping, however I then have to go to Webex' audio settings when I want to adjust volume of a Webex meeting, because changing volume through media keys does so for the standard device, not the communication device.

- When using the USB adapter instead, there is only one device to choose from, and the beeping still happens.

- When connecting it directly to the laptop with the USB A to USB C cable, the beep is gone!

! Note that this beeping sound is only when I change the volume (volume mixer or through media keys), it doesn't have to do anything with notification sounds of Meetings (e.g. people leaving/joining, muting, low battery etc.) or the Webex app or the "automatically adjust volume" setting for the microphone, I tried both enabled and disabled.
It also doesn't matter if I select use system settings as audio device, or select the device directly in Webex. I've tried modifying sound settings in Windows and Webex and also changing settings in the advanced settings Webex shows when a supported device is connected.

I'd like to be able to use the headset AND adjust volume without any beeping, even in Webex Meetings, preferably wireless. Any fixes, or is that working intentionally? Why would you want to hear a beeping whenever changing volume?

1 Reply 1

mariac
Level 1
Level 1

I replaced the headset with another HS 730, which is still on firmware version 1-7-0-141, compared to the old one which has the above stated issues and is up to date on 1-11-0-165. The above described issues are not occuring on the other headset with the older firmware.

I also remember that I didn't have the issues on my old headset before I updated the firmware, so it's totally not an issue bound to hardware (neither headset nor notebook, drivers etc.), but rather a HS 730 firmware issue.

I'd really like to see this fixed in a firmware update, as the one I'm using has very limited functions compared to the newest firmware, and I don't know at which firmware version this beeping thing starts to occur, so I'm not going to try them all out... I assume no one at Cisco is going to read this, but anyway., hopes are up..