cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Codec EQ - USB-C AV Passthrough

Dylan.
Level 1
Level 1

The Codec EQ features a USB 3.0, type C connector for audio and video passthrough of microphones and cameras to a connected device (laptop, tablet, etc) that could be used for third party UC applications. Does this USB-C connector support USB 2.0 device connections and data rates? 

4 Replies 4

Albyviga
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Dylan. I would like to extend USB-C audio/video data through through Extron NAV system so that I have two BYOM different points of connections.

Albyviga
Level 1
Level 1

Hy Dylan

I've the same dubt because I need to extend it (only data, no video) with USB 2.0 extender? May you solve it?

Thanks.

Hi Albyviga,

Since my original post I've installed a few systems with the Codec EQ's USB-C connector passing through audio and video data to a PC. I've used Extron's USB extender products, which support both USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 data rates, and haven't had any issues. Here are the parts I've used, Extron USB Extender Plus T (60-1471-12) and Extron USB Extender Plus R (60-1471-13).

I hope this helps,

Dylan

Yes, USB 2.0 works via Extron or other USB extenders, but you will lose the ability to use USB-C as a video input.