cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuration for 2 Cisco Room Kit Pro PTZ 4K in dividable rooms

Kathy N.
VIP
VIP

We have a large meeting room that has a divider that can be closed to make 2 rooms.  We are planning to install the Cisco Webex Room Kit Pro PTZ 4k - Codec Pro, PTZ 4 (CS-KITPRO-PTZ4K-K9) in each of the rooms with Telepresence Ceiling microphones.  We are working with an audio/visual installation contractor and need some information regarding the set up when the divider is open to make it one large room.

When it's used as a large room, we would "invite" both devices to the meeting and have them join it.  Do the Webex Room kits have the ability to sense through microphone and speaker input/output that they are in the same room so they don't generate feedback or echo? 

If they need an additional system to "join" them to the same meeting, the AV company we're working with is recommending a Crestron DM-RMC-4KZ-100-C DigitalMedia 8G+ controller to connect them.  We don't see any user control equipment that would give the end user a way to easily switch between a 2 room configuration and a 1 room configuration.

I'm hoping someone has done a similar configuration and can help with providing information on how to manage this and what additional equipment/controllers, if any, they needed.

Response Signature

2 Replies 2

Scott Nieto
Level 1
Level 1

are there other external sites joining the call?

Jogesh-Rai2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Kathy,

We are also using the exact same setup, however the macros provided by cisco does not seems to work. I have success in making my 2 Codec Pro's communicate with each other, however the Quadcam feed is not showing on the screens. For example if I have made one codec as primary and another one as secondary, and called through the primary, in that case, there is video feed from the Primary one but not the secondary that we want (And that's what is shown in the cisco documentation on macro). I have been struggling to make this happen but not getting any success. Any help would be really appreciated here.

https://github.com/gve-sw/gve_devnet_n_way_divisible_conference_rooms_webex_devices_macros