Views
Helpful
Replies

Desk Pro: AirPlay with RoomOS 10.18.1.I4t-1

begemot
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

has anyone gotten AirPlay to work on the Desk Pro? For me the screen sharing fails while trying to enter the code - the code seems not to be recognized at all.

Best regards,

Thomas 

15 Replies 15

mbrueckner
Level 1
Level 1

I tested two different devices with the software version mentioned here (SW updated again also received on Friday, exakt same behavior: the code is not accepted. One device was unboxed and never used bevor (Webex Mini). Also the AirPlay settings menu does not appear neither on web nor on admin views.

Hi mbrueckner,

thank you for your confirmation and welcome to the club of eager Webex evangelists who are forced to wait a little longer for a great feature.

robray_sc
Level 4
Level 4

How are you getting this feature.  I have a desk pro and not seeing this feature.  my device is running on Beta as well.  My device is running RoomOS 10.18.1.1 9ded897529e

Hi robray_sc,
nothing special - I just found it after my Desk Pro got updated last Saturday. Since it wasn’t announced yet and my Room Kits don’t have it, that preview release might be not general available for testing.

Are you able to attach a screenshot of the menu option from the Control Hub? @robray_sc and I don't see this in the Settings. Speaking for myself, I compared one VC to another VC which has AirPlay working, both KIT-K9 running RoomOS 10.18.1.l4t-2, and I can't find any Apple, AirPlay, Bonjour, mDNS identifier anywhere. 

Hi fbrbna,

there are no AirPlay settings visible to me, neither in the Control Hub nor in the local web UI. The device appears on the iPhone/iPad with the same name as when you attend a Webex meeting, for example, “John Doe Desk Pro”.

In the meanwhile, my Desk Pros got updated to 10.18.1.I4t-2 da5598724ed – same behavior as before.

Another strange thing:

* the Desk Pro registered as a personal device to the production tenant in the AS cluster is visible on the iPhone
* the Desk Pro registered as workspace to my personal tenant in the AI cluster running the same RoomOS version not

I’ll do a factory reset on the latter and re-register it as a personal device instead as a workspace. In the meanwhile, my personal Control Hub was enabled as part of the Webex beta program. I’ll check, maybe …

Anyway, let’s wait for an official feature available announcement. It is cool, that AirPlay is finally coming to Webex Room/Desk devices. So let us keep our fingers crossed, that this will happen soon.

Hi robray_sc,
I just connected another Desk Pro I haven’t used in 45 days to my personal tenant in cluster AI and it got upgraded to the same version 10.18.1.I4t-1. In that tenant there are two Room Kit Mini registered too – first is running RoomOS 10.18.1.l4t-1 9ded897529e, the second RoomOS 10.18.1.1 9ded897529e – both upgraded July 30th.

yhung
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
It seems to be working for me. What kind of video are you trying to stream, copyright content may not work, did you try with youtube for example?

Hi yhung,
thank you for your feedback – I just tried to mirror my screen from an iPhone. First running on iOS 15.6, the second on iOS 16.0 beta (20A5328h). With both the code validation does not work. Neither with a valid nor with an invalid code.

yhung
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
My iphone is also on 15.6, and Desk Pro is on a later version, but your version should work fine. And assume both devices are on the same WIFI network?

Hi yhung,
that later version might be the reason, why AirPlay is working for you since my Desk Pro and iPhone are in the same Wi-Fi.
The company’s tenant is in AS, my personal tenant in AI and each of the Desk Pros got RoomOS 10.18.1.I4t-1 pushed. The funny thing is that in my personal tenant two different images were pushed to the same device type as mentioned in my reply to robray_sc.
Another mystery – I don’t see the Desk Pro registered to my personal tenant in the “Screen Mirroring” menu on my iPhone while the other Desk Pro is still there.
I assume despite the strange RoomOS provisioning that the different behavior of those Desk Pros might be either license or tenant related. Anyway, since AirPlay was not announced in any release notes yet, I’m looking forward to RoomOS 10.19/10.20 when that feature will become available.

Thank you and please stay safe!

yhung
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Yes, that is indeed strange, I can tell you I have used it successfully on the version you are on in the past. Maybe something not syncing properly, maybe last thing to check before waiting for it’s official release, if you go to settings on the Desk Pro, do you see an option to “Open AirPlay Settings”? If so, does it make any difference if you choose to use password instead of PIN?

Hi yhung,
I don’t see any AirPlay options neither on Control Hub nor on the device’s local web UI. Even within the on-screen settings, there is no entry related to AirPlay. Maybe your device has a developer option key assigned?

yhung
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
OK in that case, I would wait until the public beta is announced, it might not be completely enabled on your org/device yet.

I had it working fine till I rest my desk pro to factory default yesterday. Prior to that it use to mirror iPhone without any code and desk pro mirror was fine too. I was able to get it work as extended monitor over airplay. No longer works. I am on beta channel too.

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.