cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to make your Zoom Experience better with Cisco Webex Devices!

Dustin Baker
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello, community. Your friend Dustin Baker here.

On this recent episode of On Edge with Dustin we walk through the NEW Zoom Meeting Macros. We give an overview, a short demo, then we go thru the configuration of the Macro in detail so you can see the options you have to make these macros work for your specific needs! Watch just the first few minutes or the entire video depending on your needs

On Edge with Dustin is a collection of videos to help show and demo various features of Webex Devices. I'll make sure to post new ones here as they come. Let me know if you have any questions below!

16 Replies 16

MDeerr
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know if it is possible to successfully join a Zoom call while leveraging our own Zoom CRC license? I've downloaded, installed and enabled all macros as presented by Justin.  We can join Zoom calls now but for those invites that do not have SIP dialing strings in the invite, it gets complicated for our staff to leverage our own Zoom CRC license.

@Dustin Baker- do you know if it is even possible for a macro to leverage our own CRC license?

Your first question has already been answered by others in previous responses. Either side can have a CRC license to join the meeting. About your second part of the question, about macros, I’m not sure. Hopefully someone with better insight into this can help you out on this.

Response Signature

@Roger Kallberg - Thanks for your response, however I don't believe my specific question has been answered. I am referring to whether a macro can be used to leverage our own CRC license so that when we are joining Zoom meeting using our Cisco Roomkit, it just logs us into Zoom meetings where the host of that meeting does not have a CRC license. As it stands right now, if the host does not have a CRC license, we then have to use an external device (i.e. laptop) and log into our Zoom account that has a CRC license. It would be.noce to avoid those additional steps. Was hoping a macro could automate that whole process.

AFAICT You had two distinct questions, #1 can either side have CRC licenses to join a Zoom meeting and #2 if a macro can be used to in some way simplify the join UX for this. The first question has been answered previously, but not the second.

Response Signature

A macro wouldn’t really help with this situation today, however you could leverage the Zoom API connector to help with this.  If you install the Zoom API connector it can provide you with a rotating key that is used in the dial string to allow you to join without the license prompt.  This isn’t ideal for many reasons but is possible.  We are actively working with Zoom to make this experience better. 

Hi Justin,

Thanks for your response.

1) Are you able to point me to instructions online that demonstrates how to use the Zoom API connector to generate a rotating key that is used in the dial string to allow you to join without a license prompt?

2) Why isn't this an ideal solution?

Hi Dustin,

For a Room Kit registered in Cisco Control Hub, can you explain further how Zoom API Connector can be helpful to leverage our own CRC license to join a meeting hosted by a non-CRC owner without license prompt?
Is the situation updated for now about the mutual Cisco-Zoom work?

Hi all,

I'm trying to find which is the configuration required, Cisco side, to have the  Zoom API connector working correctly. whatever I'm trying to do, anyway our Webex board ask for Pairing Code.

Someone has experience or solutions?

Thanks

emajcic
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Dustin,
Thanks for the instructional videos
Does this assume the Zoom meeting you're joining as a participant has a subscription to  the  SIP dialling/joining capability option? Or can your macros work with ANY Zoom meetings even joining a Zoom hosted from a 'free' account

yhung
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
It still needs a Zoom CRC license, which can come from the host or yourself as an attendee.

Thanks yhung,
So to understand correctly, If I as an attendee have a Zoom subscription and CRC license, I can join a Zoom meeting hosted by someone who doesn't have a Zoom CRC license (even, I assume a freeby zoom subscription).
Just using the format;
<meeting no>@zoomcrc.com

Or Dustin's Zoom meeting macro

yhung
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Correct, but in both cases you will need a CRC license.

faktor
Level 1
Level 1

Awesome macro.  Kudos to you and your team.  I am looking at utilizing it for all our VC Kits.  

I have posted some questions on Github regarding the macro and changes.  I look forward to your future additions here.

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Very cool Dustin!

David Carrion
Level 1
Level 1

Very good implementation. 

David

inderdeepsingh1
Level 1
Level 1

@Dustin Baker : good Insight !

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.